Some authors who have taken on this topic, vary to a degree in emphasis but here are the broad contours which can also be described as The Everlasting Gospel:
- It addresses the nature of Jesus' divinity and His humanity.
- It directs you toward the agape of the second covenant.
- It refocuses attention to the cross, the price Jesus paid to satisfy the righteous requirements of the law that set everyone, saint and sinner alike, permanently free from the law of sin and death.
- It describes the power available through His righteousness.
- It harmonizes and reconciles all of scripture to this gospel.
In subsequent pages, we will go into greater depth and detail. We will also consider whether we, as a church, should repent because we thwarted this gospel given to us by the Holy Spirit which was and is to be shared with a dying world. Please share your thoughts now and as we proceed.